Friday, January 18, 2013

Alice's Tea Party - Black Baccara



Details:
Alice's Tea Party
Black Baccara

Notes:
A peculiar and curious scent; sweet but hinting at something surreal. The atmosphere and magic of tea time with Alice is captured in an apothecary bottle. Hints of freshly brewed green tea mix with tart wild cherries, oranges, pomegranates, honey, marshmallows, whispers of vanilla and the faintest hint of baking bread. Comforting and delicious with the perfect dose of strangeness.

I recently received an order of 10 samples from this shop, and this is the first one I've had a chance to try. As I mentioned in my last past, with the last few sample orders I've done I've tried to branch out to things I would not normally try, and this is one of them. I don't like fruit scents generally, but I figured I could at least test this out and then pass it on to Noodles, who loves them. And that's exactly what I've done.

In the vial this smells like cherry advokaat - that cherry smell that is almost like children's cough medicine. I can also smell the honey and a hint of orange. Once applied it smells pretty much the same for a few minutes, until it begins to dry down, when it becomes a fruit cocktail - very sweet and syrupy. I can't smell marshmallow or vanilla (and definitely not bread) but there is a sugariness there. Once it dries down the tea comes out, but it still smells like fruit tea. This is definitely not for me, but Noodles likes it.

Rating:
2/5 Not awful, but not at all my cup of tea.

Day 18!

8 comments:

  1. With some exceptions, I don't like fruity scents either. Especially cherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, cherry is one of the few fruits I usually don't mind. But there was just too much fruit in general going on here. I pretty much expected that though. :-)

      Delete
  2. I don´t think this one is for me either... but I like what I have sampled from Black Baccara (Black Cat, Black Lace, Raven)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Black Lace last night and it's gorgeous! However, I woke up this morning with an itchy red wrist so I'm wondering if there's something in it that is setting that off? I'm not usually allergic or sensitive to anything in perfumes, and I saw it had cinnamon in it, but that doesn't usually bother me either. I'll let it go for a few days and then try again and see what happens. I'll be a bit sad if it is that causing it though, because I definitely would have gone for a full bottle of that.

      Delete
  3. I don't like fruity cherry smell either. Cherry Blossom on the other hand.... love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a real talent for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you express your views in this article. I am impressed by your writing style a lot. Thanks for making my experience more beautiful. uwynn888.com

    ReplyDelete