Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Parkin - Haus of Gloi


Details:
Parkin
Yule 2010
Haus of Gloi

Notes: 
Glorious ginger cakes celebrating Guy Fawkes Day! Brown sugar, black treacle, oats, a peculiar blend of white spices tossed with chopped roasted chestnuts and coated with the lightest of icings.  
Ginger! This is gingery and sugary and rich. Although it's very foodie, the ginger and spiciness keep it in the realm of something more interesting than the usual vanilla or chocolate gourmand scent. In the dry down, it becomes more creamy and less sugary as the treacly porridge makes an appearance. It's definitely a winter scent, so probably not the best for an Australian summer. I would pull this out again in the colder months and wear it - it's kind of an Aran jumper perfume.

Rating:
3/5 I don't love it enough to buy a full bottle, but I do like it.

Day 9!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I´d love! I adore spicy gourmands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Haus of Gloi brings it back every year, I know it's popular.

      Delete
  2. One of the HoGs I have never tried. Sounds nice. I like ginger perfumes, gingerbread to be exact :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the pumpkin butter in this I think, great winter foodie scent <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the scrub as well but I didn't like the scent as much in that for some weird reason.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like I would love this! I have Dark Winter's Tale from Deep Midnight and Dark Gingerbread Spicecake from Solstic Scents and love them both for the gingerbread type smells. The Soltice Scents one used to be called Gingerdead Man, but they changed the name in 2011 I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost certain I have Dark Winter's Tale but I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet. I also have Possets' Gingerbread Whorehouse and haven't tried that either. It's summer here and I think of ginger perfumes as autumn/winter scents, so I probably won't get around to them for a couple of months yet.

      Delete
  5. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. Parking Venezia Tronchetto

    ReplyDelete