Monday, February 11, 2013

'67 Chevy Impala - Delightful Rot


Details:
'67 Chevy Impala
Delightful Rot

Notes:
A man's scent. Bay rum, spiked with graveyard dirt, gunpowder, a touch of leather and a ring of salt, with an overtone of masculine musk. 

Manly men doing manly things. When I was 11 or 12 my aunt and uncle had a friend who was extremely masculine - I think he was a truck driver, and he could fix cars, had a motorbike, and wore neatly pressed Hard Yakka shirts with the sleeves rolled up and Blundstone boots. I had the biggest crush on him, even though he was probably in his mid-30s at the time. He smelled like this perfume - like a mechanic's garage - car oil, manliness and ability to fix things.

Once it dries down I can smell the bay rum (which I'm really starting to like generally as a scent note), leather and musk. This is an amazing masculine scent - I haven't been able to stop sniffing myself while wearing it. Having said that, I would probably never wear it - it's just too blokey for me. I feel like if I wore this I might grow testicles.

Rating:
4/5

Day 42!

8 comments:

  1. Meh, blogger ate my first comment and i can´t be bothered to write that all over again. Let me just say that this seems like something I would enjoy! Masculine scents is definitely my thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think this one would be right in your comfort zone. :-)

      Delete
  2. Mmm, I would love this scent for sure. I don't mind smelling like a bloke! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've included it in the ones I'm sending you - I'll probably get to the PO in the next couple of days. I really like it, but I would NEVER wear it, so I might as well pass it on to someone else to try!

      Delete
    2. Aww, Dee that is so sweet of you! I put together some smellies for you, including This Cake is a Lie and Monster Mash, and mailed it yesterday. I hope you get it soon! :D Thanks for sending me some smellies, I greatly appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Fascinating description and I liked your review in general. It would be a bit much for me though I am guessing. I almost did get this though in the duo set they had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely not one you'd want to slather about. There's something really great about it, though.

      Delete
  4. "I feel like if I wore this I might grow testicles"
    Dee, You are so funny!

    Scents with bay rum tend to be too musculine for me too. I like them but never wear them and I usually pass them to my boyfriend.
    They always smell better on him!

    ReplyDelete