Thursday, February 28, 2013

Harvesting Zombies - Enchanticals


Details: 
Harvesting Zombies
Enchanticals Perfume

Notes: 
Harvesting Zombies is an incredibly lavish, diverse & harmonious fragrance for the senses made with the finest extractions and oils available, with earthy, aged patchouli essential oil, moody black amber essential oil, sassy cinnamon, and a harvest of amazing, fresh Autumn fruits and spices so yummy no human or Zombie could ever resist.

In the vial this smells like spicy autumn fruits - apple, pear, the kind of things you make cold weather puddings out of. On my wrist it's mostly apple and cinnamon at first, and it's obviously real cinnamon oil because it itched like hell almost immediately. I was tempted to scrub it off but I let it go for a while to see how it would go, and it did subside after about 20 or 30 minutes. The dry down is a warm spicy scent – the cinnamon is not prevalent here, it’s more a mixed spice blend with the patchouli there but not taking over. The sillage is fairly low, but it lasted a really long time - at the end of the day I could still faintly smell it on my wrist and it had faded to something familiar I couldn't quite put my finger on. I asked Noodles what it smelled like to her at that point and she said, "Old people. No, old hippies." Right. Patchouli, then.  As fruit scents go, this is more on the warm side, and therefore more palatable to me than the light, bright young ones that I hate so much, but it’s still not really my cup of tea.

Rating: 
3/5

Day 57!

4 comments:

  1. I´ve sampled this one too and it would be nice, if not for the apple, I hate apple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate apple usually as well, but I actually didn't mind it in this.

      Delete
  2. I love your daughter's feedback on perfumes, haha! She's awesome!

    Anyway, I love the title of this one, and it seems like a nice blend! I love autumn scents :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she gets right to the point. If she were writing perfume reviews it would be: "This one is crap. Next!"

      Delete