Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster - Delightful Rot




Details: 
Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster
Delightful Rot

Notes:
Invented by Zaphod Beeblebrox, the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster is described as "the alcoholic equivalent of a mugging - expensive and bad for the head" and drinking one "is like having your brain smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick". With a bright lemon top note backed by a tropical, fruity scent, Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster is reminiscent of a posh, pricey cocktail. 

I'm not a big fan of science fiction, and I've never read The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, so I don't have any affinity with this name or anything. It was a freebie I received with an order I did recently from Delightful Rot. In the vial this is a sickly sweet lemon sherbet. Once applied it's super fruity and sweet - it makes me think of those really cheap imported lollies you can buy in junk shops like The Reject Shop. The dry down is... fly spray. Well, it is on me anyway. I really hated this. I resisted the urge to scrub it off because I wanted to see if it would improve but it didn't. Thankfully the sillage and lasting power was lowish - it was gone in about 3 hours.

Rating: 
1/5

Day 36!

8 comments:

  1. I wish this wasn´t a lemon scent, because otherwise I would SO buy it, just for the name!! (Um, yes, I am a H2G2 fan!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could just sit it on a shelf and look at it. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ick..usually the descriptions try to make the scents sound good and the disappointment comes later. This one sounds wretched right off the bat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might just be me as I've read a couple of good reviews of it, but really didn't work on my skin!

      Delete
  3. I'm with miss Vix on this one, even the description didn't sound enticing to me :( Good thing it was a freebie! I LOVE the name of the company though, how deliciously morbid! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great name, isn't it? I'll be interested to test out their other perfumes and see what they're like.

      Delete
  4. Bizarre name and bizarre description for a bizarre scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, we are just not the cool kids into Hitchhiker's Guide, Su. Hand me my zimmer frame and my bifocals!

      Delete