Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bloody Valentine - Black Baccara



Details: 
Bloody Valentine
Black Baccara

Notes: 
A perfume for those who like their florals with a hint of gloom and doom. Bloody Valentine is a story of aged papers and Victorian flowers enhanced by a tinge of the metallic and earthy. It is a strong, floral blend best suited for those who love the smell of "vintage" flowers and Victorian inspired perfumes. The scent here is from another time and place. The strongest notes are those of violets, followed by rose, sandalwood, a hint of red wine, a trace of soil, and clove pennyroyal, among others.

The dominant notes in this floral are violet and rose, and boy are they running the show. It's like Bea Smith and the Freak fighting for supremacy in Prisoner (the real one, not that travesty of a remake). This is a true head kicking perfumy perfume, and not for those who like their scents delicate. There is a sweet note that could be wine, and a sharpish spice note that might be clove or nutmeg. The dry down was like a mildly spicy soap, and once that soapiness made an appearance it stayed until the perfume disappeared about 4 hours later. No likey. 

Rating: 
1/5

Day 155!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to go and try this one again. I remember when I got it, I was torn on my opinion.

    Keep up the good work, Dee! I had a lot to catch up on and the wee one has kept me busy, but I enjoy your blog very much!

    I have recently tried Earth's Cauldron perfumes and I am in love! I also have an order coming from Wiggle due in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lissabeth. :-)

      I'm interested to hear what you think of Wiggle - I'm a bit worried after your disasters with Twyla perfumes!

      Delete