Monday, June 10, 2013

Devilish - Arcana Soaps



Details: 
Devilish
Arcana Soaps (bought from The Rhinestone Housewife)

Notes: 
Shaking off vanilla's reputation for namby pambyness, this infernally dark and smoky fragrance comes complete with licks of fire and sulfurous wafts of brimstone. The devil really does have all the best scents!

Hold my hand guys, this is my first ever Arcana. Part of me is wondering what the heck took me so long, and part of me is wishing I never dipped a toe in because I predict I am going to become much poorer. I. FREAKIN'. LOVE. THIS. It's vanilla turned up to 11. In the bottle you really can smell sulphur, and that should be gross, right? I mean, my experience of that smell is trying to 'smoke' matches (don't ask) while lighting the bunsen burners in Science and then going into a coughing fit. Once applied, the vanilla is deep and smokey, with a touch of booziness about it but not too much.

The description of this perfume is spot on - I can't describe it better. It's quite masculine but still a bit sweet, and the sillage starts off reasonably high. When I wore it to work, Jacquie commented on it, saying she liked it but she wouldn't want to be stuck in an elevator with me wearing it. It does settle a little but it lasts a long time - I could still smell it at the end of the day.

Rating: 
5/5 I splurged on a full bottle and I am so glad I did.

Day 156!

Shaking off vanilla’s unfair reputation for namby pambyness, this infernally dark and smoky fragrance comes complete with licks of fire and sulfurous wafts of brimstone. The devil really does have all the best scents. - See more at: https://www.therhinestonehousewife.com/products/product-detail.php?iid=45#sthash.TYBCIETM.dpuf
Shaking off vanilla’s unfair reputation for namby pambyness, this infernally dark and smoky fragrance comes complete with licks of fire and sulfurous wafts of brimstone. The devil really does have all the best scents. - See more at: https://www.therhinestonehousewife.com/products/product-detail.php?iid=45#sthash.TYBCIETM.dpuf

11 comments:

  1. I bought a full bottle recently fron Rhinestone Housewife as well! I love this! I had some samples for a couple of years and it ages amazingly... Now I have to get Genteel:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so in love with Genteel - I really have to get a full size of that soon.

      Delete
  2. Both this and Genteel sound right up my alley...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit on the masculine side, or at least Devilish definitely is.

      I am waiting on some empty vials from eBay - I'd be happy to send you some decants of stuff if you like. I'll email you when I get a chance about it. :-)

      Delete
  3. I have been coveting this for a while... Maybe I'll just have to splurge soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arcana seems to be definitely worth a splurge!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't think I ended up ordering this one, was out of stock :(

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's amaaaaaazing. I think I need to get a back up bottle for sure.

      Delete