Monday, June 10, 2013

The Baker's Boy - Sarawen Perfumes



Details: 
The Baker's Boy
The Hunger Games
Sarawen Perfumes

Notes:
Spend a day frosting and decorating cakes with Peeta. A luscious, gourmand fragrance bursting with ripe strawberries (from Katniss of course!) and delicious yellow cake. Underneath the delicious-ness drifts soft vetiver, leather, and golden amber. This perfume is a unisex blend that borders towards feminine.

In the vial, and when I first applied this, I thought I smelled hay. Looking at the notes now I realise it's vetiver. At first this is a fairly masculine scent - the vetiver and leather dominating. The dry down however, is when all the sweet foodiness comes out, and I find that really interesting as it's generally the other way around. The strawberries are almost floral-smelling rather than fruity, and the amber is sweet and mellow and not overwhelming. The longer I wore this the more I liked it. Sillage is lowish - it sits reasonably close to the skin but I imagine if you lashed it about you'd make yourself known. The longevity is medium - I reapplied after about 5 hours as it was beginning to smell more faint by then.

Rating: 
4/5

Day 160!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds beautiful!!! I need to check out Sarawen. Fandom perfumes are such a delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All women want to look, feel and smell fantastic when they leave the house. By wearing designer perfume they will smell amazing, and people will know that they are wearing something special. Just as experts can tell designer clothing just by looking at it, they can recognize a designer perfume by the distinctive smell. Versace perfume is one of the best perfumes you can buy in the world; just a few drops of it will have you ابراهيم القرشي

    ReplyDelete