Sunday, July 21, 2013

Beguiled - Haus of Gloi


Details:
Beguiled
Summer Collection 
Haus of Gloi

Notes: 
Lemon cake made with the tang of fresh buttermilk and raspberry coulis - an otherwise innocent cake corrupted by cardamom and deceptive pink peppercorns.

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake! (That's an in joke for Jacquie.)
This perfume is not so much cake to me, more like a sweet lemon custard. It's quite strong at first but does mellow. Very, very lemony for quite a while - thankfully not the toilet cleaner kind of lemon! The lemon fades a little in the dry down and blends more in with the other notes. This is when it becomes more cakey in my mind. I didn't get the spices at all - I found it very smooth all the way through. I did say earlier in the year I was a bit over cake/dessert scents, but I would almost be tempted to buy a full size of this one. It's very well done and super pretty. If you like gourmand scents, this is definitely one worth checking out. Beguiled lasted about 7 hours on me before I felt I needed to reapply.

Rating: 
4/5

Day 198!

Edit: Liber Vix made a cake from this scent's notes and it looks and sounds amazing. Definitely going to try this! 

6 comments:

  1. Beguiled is one my favorite HoG scents! I was so obsessed last year I even made a Beguiled cake (to soothe those terrible urges to eat the perfume). Did a post about it, turned out pretty yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so impressive, and that cake sounds delicious. I'm going to try it myself.

      Delete
  2. I must admit I usually don't go for foody blends, but this one sounds really beautiful! And Liber Vix, I need to find your cake post because that is so creative and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my foody blends, but even though I have a million and one of them this one's a stand out.

      Delete
  3. I love the body butter version of it, and I always wondered what the perfume would be like! Want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, buy the perfume and do some layering! :-D

      Delete